Hello and welcome to bedroomdecorideas.org. This is a test post.
This site will be reviewing the top mattress brands so you can make a good decision before you make your purchase.
We will also be reviewing other bedroom furniture items that you may need.
We are currently working on redesigning this site so please check back soon for our latest articles.
A Review of the Best Mattresses
The recommended hours of sleep are between 7 to 9 hours. However, that wouldn’t be possible with a bad mattress. While sleeping on a bad mattress can lead to sleep deprivation, sleep deprivation can have hazardous effects on your health.
Effects of Poor Sleep
- Chronic insomnia can lead to mood disturbance, thus making you feel irritable, depressed, anxious and demotivated.
Lack of sleep can increase your risk of becoming obesity. This is because poor sleep patterns tend to make your metabolism dysfunctional. Overeating is also a consequence of sleep deprivation
- Poor performance
Poor sleep patterns can affect your performance. It can lead to lack of concentration, fatigue, reduced vigilance, poor decision making, forgetfulness, restlessness, distractibility, just to mention, but a few.
- Physical illnesses
Sleeping poorly can increase your risk of developing illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure and a heart attack, among others.
- Premature ageing
Most people dislike the dark circles under the eyes, and my guess is that you also do not love them. In order to avoid getting them, it is important that you have undisturbed sleep. That can only be possible if you invest in the best mattress, which will help to ensure that you do not wake up at night.
With that said, it is very critical that you invest in a quality mattress. In the following section, you are going to gain insight on the best type of mattress, as well as the pros and cons of each mattress. Please keep reading.
Different Types of Mattresses
- Innerspring Mattress
It has a steel coil support system. The innerspring is normally covered with upholstery material or padding, which can be either fiber, foam and various layers of smaller steel springs. It is important to note that the number of coils makes a big difference with regard to how supportive the mattress will be.
The coil mattress is best for anyone who wants a spring feel, strong edge support or great bounce. An example of a coil mattress is WinkBeds
- You can choose from a variety of innerspring mattresses, which range in the fluffiness of the pillow top, firmness, and price
- Avoid buying the cheapest innerspring mattress because if it does not have enough cushion and springs, it might not offer your back proper support.
- Latex mattress
These mattresses are made from latex foam. They are known for providing bouncy support and firmness on the entire bed. If you are looking for a mattress with great bounce and cooling this is the best mattress for you. Additionally, latex mattress allows you to sleep on foam while staying away from the contour and pronounced hug that comes with most memory foam mattresses.
An example of a latex mattress is the Brooklyn bedding mattress.
- Latex is one of the best materials. Mattresses made of latex are not only firm and supportive but also comfortable.
- Unlike the memory foam mattresses, latex mattress can push back, thus providing incredible support.
- If you do not like a firm mattress, latex mattress might not be the best mattress for you.
- Hybrid mattress
This type of mattress has a steel coil support system. It is made of different types of foam including latex foam, memory foam or polyurethane foam. Some foams used to make these mattresses also contain gel.
It is best for sleepers who desire comfort, great bounce, support, and cooling effect. An example of hybrid mattress is the leesa mattress.
- Contours your body perfectly
- Unique feel
- Little more expensive than most mattresses with similar quality
- Pillow top mattress
If you desire to sleep on a mattress with an additional layer of padding/cushion, then pillow top mattress is what you need. These kinds of mattresses have layers of soft material that are either sewn into the cover or stuffed.
They are best for people who want to have a soft and cushion-like feeling on their skin. An example of such a mattress is saatva mattress.
- Extra layer of cushion between the mattress springs and sleeper, which helps to ensure that firm mattresses have a soft and comfortable feeling.
- The pillow-top mattress tends to have excessive warmth, particularly for pillow tops with dense materials or memory foam.
- Adjustable foundation
These beds can elevate or bend at different angles. Different mattresses can be used on an adjustable bed including latex, air mattress or memory foam. It is important to use a mattress designed for an adjustable foundation.
- It is a great option if you normally have trouble getting in and out of bed. It is also a great choice, particularly if you like watching tv in bed. It makes life easy because it moves you closer to where you want to be.
- Sleep flat can make sleep apnea worse because it tends to cut off airways, which can make your tongue fall into the back of your throat.
Other types of Mattresses include:
- Air mattresses
- Gel mattresses
- Memory foam mattresses, and
- Waterbed mattresses
There are many types of mattresses, and your personal preference will determine your choice of mattress. The above list has discussed the most common mattress types, and I hope it will enable you to choose a mattress with ease.
For more information on how to choose a mattress, please watch the video below on mattress buying guide.